How to Style Your Home for Summer Without Spending a Dime!


Hi there, Friends! Recently, my friend Carly brought me a gorgeous bouquet of hydrangeas. {She's very thoughtful like that!} As I arranged the beautiful blooms, it occurred to me that lately I've shared lots of thrifty projects and garden decor but I haven't really shared summertime indoors. Today I'm sharing how I gave my home a simple summer refresh...without spending a dime! 


simple summer style without spending a dime


What comes to mind when you consider summer style? Fresh flowers? Lighter or brighter colors, or perhaps pillows or pictures that capture witty sentiments? When it comes to summer decor, I like to keep things light and airy; simple and sweet with a touch of whimsy. Vintage vessels are my favorite way to arrange bouquets and had I not been blessed by my friend's thoughtful gift, I would have gathered blooms from my garden. Most of my vignettes are styled with thrift store finds like the vintage milk glass and silver I've collected over time. You've probably heard me say it before--and I'm sure you'll hear me say it again--but when I freshen up my decor, I always shop my home first! 


simple summer style without spending a dime


This sweet handmade runner was also a gift from a dear blogging friend Jo, at Anne's Attic Design and I treasure it. Chances are, you have a few favorite go-to pieces. Whether they are cherished gifts or timeless collections, can they be styled differently or moved to another room to freshen up your decor? I know for me personally, it's easy to fall into a rut by making a habit of using the same items in the same places. For example, when I originally received the pretty runner as a gift, I hung it with other vintage linens to create a window valance in the bedroom. Since then, I changed the window treatment and while using the runner for its intended purpose may seem like an obvious choice, the different-for-me placement feels like I have a brand new table linen. 


simple summer style without spending a dime


I like to mix vintage and handmade...


simple summer style without spending a dime


...and old with new. 


simple summer style without spending a dime


As you've probably noticed birds and


simple summer style without spending a dime


florals are constants. {See how to create mini succulent pots here!}


simple summer style without spending a dime


This little table was a thrift store transformation  that has since become a favorite. 


simple summer style without spending a dime


Fun pillows add a little whimsy and what's summer without ice cream?!


simple summer style without spending a dime



My Thrift Store Addiction

simple summer style without spending a dime
I'd love to hear your favorite decorating tip for summer--leave me a comment! 
My Thrift Store Addiction signature



MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST: 


The Dedicated House


party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Great suggestions here. I've been rearranging things to utilize new storage we've recently installed and have found things I'd forgotten. I'll use your suggestions to use them in new ways. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute ice cream pillow! Your bloom vase is one of my favorites. I can just picture your sweet home all fixed up for summer! Oh! I spy the galvanized "hi"! I forgot you had one. Shows we have the same tastes in so many areas. 😊I like your advice to move things around and use them differently to keep things fresh.
    For me, summer means sea shells and sand castles. I need to pull out my collections. Have a blessed day, Cecilia.

    Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great summer decorating ideas, Cecilia :) I especially love the display behind your sofa, with the arrow and the bust--lovely styling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I used to have a runner with the bluebirds on it just like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house looks so pretty decorated for summer Cecilia. Thanks for sharing these ideas with us at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just brilliant. Decorating without spending a dime is the only way. I call it no cost decorating.
    You have a good eye for finding the right things
    http://thriftytonifty.com/thriftydecoratednewhome/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That table runner is so sweet! Love it all! I'm really tightening up the purse strings this summer. There is no need to run out and buy new decor when I have a closet full of decor not in use right now. Thank you for sharing it at Make it Pretty Monday! Hope you're having a lovely week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table runner from Anne is gorgeous. I shop my house for decor. Heaven knows I have enough tucked away in every nook and cranny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and fresh for summer. Hydrangeas are my favorite and so perfect for summer decorating. I love that you did this by shopping your house, something I'm trying to do more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Thanks so much for sharing at the #happynowlinkup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty! I love going to thrift stores myself! You never know what you're going to find. I actually have a blog post up right now about my latest finds if you would like to check it out.
    = Kate
    theorganizeddream.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love combining handmade and high street. Shopping our home, trawling charity shops and making accessories from items in my craft stash are some of my absolute favourite ways to ring the seasonal changes. I love finding new homes and vignettes for existing items and giving them a fresh lease of life. Fabulous! Sue ~ The World of Suzy Homemaker via Creativity Unleashed

    ReplyDelete
  13. Popping back in to let you know that you are one of the fan favorites at The Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to the Showcase. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2017/07/sunday-showcase-make-pretty-monday-8-13.html Hope to see you later on at Make it Pretty! Happy Independence Day to you! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such great suggestions! It made me really LOOK around my 'stash' of year-round decor items to find the things that add that summer style.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So lovely Cecilia, all those beautiful blues remind me of a clear summer sky. It's always so great to be able to use what you have to change your decor for the seasons.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!