15 Minute Yard Sale Lamp Upcycle with Washi Tape


Happy Wednesday, Friends! It's time for another 15 Minute Fix! Today I'm sharing the upcycle of a yard sale lamp--come see how it went from drab to fab in just 15 minutes...

15 minute yard sale lamp upcycle


You may remember when I found this yard sale lamp in need of a makeover.


15 minute yard sale lamp upcycle



I gave it a fresh coat of spray paint awhile back--well two coats actually. Not counting drying time, that took less than 10 minutes. 


15 minute yard sale lamp upcycle



I already had a lampshade on hand that I also wanted to refresh but wasn't quite sure how--until I found this crafty tape at the Dollar Spot at Target. Love me some Dollar Spot goodies!  


15 minute yard sale lamp upcycle


The flexible fabric stretches and was very easy to apply. Most washi tape isn't fabric and I've only tried it with paper crafts, but I imagine it could be used with similar results. Considering its popularity and availability in stores, I included it in the title just in case the fabric tape isn't available. {If you prefer to shop online, I've included some links for both at the bottom of the post.}  I simply applied the tape to the top and bottom of the shade....


15 minute yard sale lamp upcycle


...stretching it to smooth out any wrinkles. I started and finished at the lampshade's seam in the back, which took 5 more minutes. 


15 minute yard sale lamp upcycle


Here's a peek at the finished shade and


15 minute yard sale lamp upcycle



here's the completed lamp. I like the clean fresh look and the pretty detail the tape adds.



15 minute yard sale lamp upcycle



My Thrift Store Addiction



15 minute yard sale lamp upcycle

My Thrift Store Addiction signature


MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST: 


Country Mouse City Spouse Monday Mish Mash Link Party #70





party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. What a difference! Love the lamp painted and the washi tape is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned really cute. The tape adds just the right accent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! What an improvement. I'll have to give that tape a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, again you did it again, made something look so different and awesome! Now to find me a lamp to do this to, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea...I've never thought of using washi tape for projects like this! Turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I was trying to post while someone else was so hope this isn't a duplicate comment! I love how this turned out (wasn't that smart of Target to place that doggone Dollar Spot right as you walk in???) Shame on them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a brand new lamp! Great job with the upcycle, Cecilia :) I'm going to keep an eye out for that pretty fabric tape--

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my what a difference you made with this lamp. It looks great! I will be looking for that tape.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! Must find that tape

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great...that tape is magical. I am going to be on the lookout now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've spray painted a few lamps in my day lol. That, and new or refashioned shades can really make a huge difference! Love your white base and blue tape accent!xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  12. It definitely looks much nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The little lamp looks so much better, now! I love the white paint with the soft blue and white trim on the shade. Great up-cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a simple fix and look how beautiful~Thanks for sharing at the Pleasures of the NW's DIY party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally did that once too. I love yours!!!!!!!!!

    Thanks for linking up to #wasternotwednesday

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun upcycle Cecilia. And it was quick too but looks like a brand new lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the colour scheme so elegant. Thanks for sharing with us at #overthemoon link party I've pinned and shared. See you at next week's link up.
    Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  18. You definitely gave this lamp a new lease on life! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this, it turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!