Vintage Bread Box Repurposed Planter: Friday's Find #190


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! I went to several yard sales last weekend and couldn't be happier with my finds. It was a wet, drizzly morning but I often find treasures on the days others would rather stay indoors. Take this vintage bread box...


yard sale repurposed vintage bread box planter


...as soon as I saw it, I knew it would be perfect as a garden planter. The dented lid didn't deter me one bit. 


repurposed vintage bread box planter


I scored a few more goodies that I plan to use outdoors. I found two of these pretty floral pillow covers for .50 each. With the scorching sun here, even outdoor pillows often fade, so I decided for the price I'd give these a try. I know you can buy a spray that is supposed to weatherproof fabric. Since I didn't have that on hand, but I did have some water resistant spray that I use on my boots when I visit my kids in Colorado, I decided to experiment. I sprayed the backs first to make sure it didn't harm the fabric. Keeping excess moisture from the fabric should help--I'll keep you posted on how it works. 


thrifted floral pillow covers


Next, these vintage rose trays will also be fun for outdoors. Between the pillow covers and the trays, I'm ready for a garden party!


thrifted vintage serving trays


Pretty storage makes me happy and these matching roomy baskets look brand new--now these, I will not be using outdoors.


yard sale find storage baskets


Last but not least, another like-new find, a pair of Converse--just what I need for hitting more yard sales and thrift stores ;) 


yard sale find converse



My Thrift Store Addiction

repurposed vintage bread box planter



Until next time, happy hunting! 

My Thrift Store Addiction signature

MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:



party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. I normally ignore baskets but those white ones are premo !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness .... those rose trays! Those are so cute! What a score on the pillow and a pretty print. But my favorite is the bread box so cute in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! You found some good things this time around. I love the metal box made into a planter and those pillow covers are perfect with your bench. And pink Converse! Perfect for you! I'll be right over for your garden party. Looks like you're all set!
    Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love that bread box and it is perfect for the pretty yellow flowers....what are those? Love everything you found. Who finds new pink converse at a yard sale??!! I just spent a lot of money on the exact pink pair for my granddaughter for her birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great finds! My breadbox sits atop my fridge and houses all my recipes. Love the sneakers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am seriously a sucker for old breadboxes. I have quite the collection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like putting interesting things in the garden too, great find on the bread box and it looks wonderful with the yellow flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some really great finds. It looks like it's about to be storming here in Mississippi very shortly.

    We are headed off to a huge garage sale tomorrow. Looking for some TREASURES!

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great. I did a post on my blog last year about using unusual things for pots in the garden. Love this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always find the best things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bread box looks great as a planter and those pink sneakers are just too cute! Have fun sporting them on your next thrifting adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Guess I need to get out there to those yard sales! I'm always too reluctant (or lazy?) to look through people's personal stuff. Dumb, I know. Somehow I feel better at the thrift stores or flea markets! You scored with that breadbox, trays and WHITE baskets! Cute sneakers,too:)
    xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love what you found and I know you will have fun using them in your garden. The old bread box is a great find. Cute snickers ... just perfect for you. Enjoy.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great way to upscale that bread box! I love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pink converse, my next purchase, we do have similar beautiful minds! Great find, Spring my friend...
    Debby
    Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the little green bench!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all the Spring in this post but we can't think too many Spring thoughts around here just yet because it's just still so cold.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the bread box. I can't wait for yard sale and flea market season to start. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you take an item and make it into something entirely different! Also, great find on the converse!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great finds. I love the bread box planted with flowers. Thank you for sharing your vintage finds at the Snickerdoodle Create~Bake~Make link party!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved your spring finds! Definitely eye catching! Gave you a feature this morning for "Let's Talk Vintage!" On my other blog www.VintandCo.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!