15 Minute Cozy Winter Hearth



Happy Wednesday, Friends! Just after posting my 15 Minute Winter Whimsy Mantel, I scored a pair of fabulous handmade mittens. They're so bright and cheerful, I decided to add them to the hearth as a cozy greeting. Ready to see this week's 15 minute fix?


cozy winter hearth


Ever since I upcycled my faux fireplace, I've had fun extending my seasonal mantel decor to the hearth area. Remember this sparkly pom-pom garland I used during the holidays? It reminds me of snowballs and I love it paired with the playful mittens. First, I hung the looped ends of the garland over the corners of the reclaimed door insert. Next, I used Tacky to position the mittens, almost as if the top one was extending its "hand" in a wave to say....

Cozy winter hearth


{I found that fun galvanized greeting on clearance at Hobby Lobby.} Now for a few more quick accents to cozy up the rest of the hearth. A comfy winter white pillow is tucked behind a wire urn of thrifted crochet thread. 


cozy winter hearth


This fuzzy little bird was with the Christmas clearance at Tuesday morning. Isn't he cute? He's really soft too. 


cozy winter hearth


A peek at the completed hearth...

cozy winter hearth



...and a view that includes the mantel too.


cozy winter hearth



Did you notice the crocheted runner, a recent find draped over the slipper chair? 


cozy winter hearth



Pin it! My Thrift Store Addiction



cozy winter mantel

My Thrift Store Addiction signature





Would you like to comment?

  1. I am enjoying your mantel and hearth. very cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cozy and warm. Love it! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love mittens! Remember wearing them growing up and how toasty they keep the fingers. This is adorable and a perfect cure for the Winter doldrums!
    Hugs,
    jemma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across your blog this morning and like a bad pick up line all I can say is, it should be Friday cause, "I'm in LOVE". How clever to drape the crocheted runner over the chair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet! Except for the mittens it can all transfer right into Spring. I know it is only January but I am so ready to decorate for Spring. I am taking all of my winter décor to decorate at my birthday party and then it is all getting put away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just too cute Cecilia! Love those mittens waving hi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet mantel ... really love the "hi" sign. The runner looks great on your chair. So nice to see you today and thanks for the sweet hug. Anxious to see what treasures you found.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that fuzzy little bird! I need one now... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cozy. Love those mittens and the little bird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your cozy mantel at the Snickerdoodle Create~Bake~Make link party!

      Delete
  10. Sweet and cozy Cecilia--I'm jealous of those sweet mittens. I've been on the look out for some as charming as yours, but have not had any success yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cecelia!! So cute and I adore the crocheted runner!! Thanks for all your visits!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really fun, Cecelia...I love how you decorated the inside of the fireplace box!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that wire basket with your skeins of yarns and that sweet wee birdie. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Warm and cozy Cecilia. Love the mittens and that bird! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh...that little bird looks so real! I adore the hearth with the little mittens and pom poms. Nice place to cozy up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great ideas and they really do look cozy - Thanks for sharing on the Pleasures of the NW's DIY Party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute! Thanks for sharing with us at the Funtastic Friday Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really enjoyed seeing your hearth vignette. Years ago, I took all of the oddball gloves and mittens out of my front hall closet, put them on scrap 2x4's or dead branches and stuck them into a TALL snowbank at the end of my driveway. THEN I made a poster that read, "Everyone who's sick of winter, raise your hand. I was put on this earth to embarass my then teenaged children! Today it would read, "Who's sick of staying home!"

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!