Friday's Find #164 Plus a Farmhouse Fall Vignette!


TGITF Friends! When I spied this tall wooden bushel basket sitting outside Lemons & Lace, I had to turn the car around and go and check it out. It made me think of gathering apples in crisp fall weather, and was just begging to go home with me!  So of course I obliged...


Farmhouse fall vignette



...brought it home, and gave it a mini makeover.  It's the only new treasure, I have to share this week but I wanted to show you how I used it with several other recent finds to create a simple fall vignette with a farmhouse vibe. First, was this vintage basket scored at a thrift store. In the beginning, it looked a little drab, but after a simple upcycle, became farmhouse fab


Farmhouse fall vignette


Next, is the vintage crock full of Indian corn scored at a yard sale. You may remember, originally only the corn was for sale, but I politely persuaded the sisters who were hosting to sell the crock too--proving it never hurts to ask ;) 


Farmhouse fall vignette


Last, another yard sale find. This chalkboard planter box originally came from a florist and was just waiting to be filled with some colorful mums. 


Farmhouse fall vignette



Here's how I arranged the group together.  What do you think? 


Farmhouse fall vignette


The only thing better than a festive fall vignette is a thrifty festive fall vignette! 


Pin it!


Farmhouse fall vignette



On Monday, I'll be guest posting at White Spray Paint for a special series called The Art of Thrifting. I'll post a reminder here Monday and I hope you'll drop by and follow me over!


The Art of Thrifting


Until next time, happy hunting! 

My Thrift Store Addiction signature



Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Great basket, I found an apple basket this week too, much smaller than yours but in perfect condition for one dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks great and I love that chalkboard planter box!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks so pretty together Cecilia. The apple basket is wonderful, and even though I love pink I love baskets painted white. It just seems to bring them back to life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks pretty! I found a similar basket with lid at the thrift store except it had pink stripes.. not my style so I painted them black.. really made a difference. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tall apple basket ,now I want one LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh nice find! It worked in nicely with your other thrifted finds too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cecilia, you just amaze me ... you go out and "thrift" all these different items in different weeks ... bring them home, brush a little paint on them, write 'hello fall' on the chalk board, sit them down by your front door and have a perfect Fall display. That deserves a big hug.
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to find some of these great baskets for my mums this fall. Thanks for sharing. I would love to invite you to Family Joy Blog Link Up party. Sunday-Wednesday check us out http://thinking-outside-the-pot.com/?p=2995

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, love the goodies today and the transformation. The basket is adorable. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect blending of vintage finds to create a fall farmhouse vignette.m Thank you for sharing at Snickerdoodle Create~Bake~Make Link Party.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!