Friday's Find: Vintage Italian Mirrors!

TGITF Friends! Don't you just love to find a thrifted treasure that blends beautifully with your existing decor? Today's feature is just that kind of find...

Upcycled thrift store mirrors

When I spied the ornate metal frames on these charming Vintage mirrors,  I thought they might be Italian.  My hopes were confirmed when I flipped them over and saw made in Italy across the tops! I may not be able to travel to Italy, but at least these mirrors made their way to me :) 

Vintage mirrors

I knew right away that I wanted to dry brush them to achieve the same effect as my favorite thrifted mirror.  You may notice the reflection shows my walls before I painted them gray--I love them so much more now! 

Upcycled thrift store mirror


Here's the after of the larger mirror, added to my dining room gallery wall...

Vintage mirrors

...and the smaller one. Did I mention, I paid $8 for the pair? I couldn't be happier with these pretty little treasures! 

Vintage Italian mirrors

I would love to hear about your latest find! Until next time, happy hunting! 

My Thrift Store Addiction

MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:

                                                         






Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. LOVE you gorgeous score! They look oh so perfect paired with the others on the wall. Lovely!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Cecilia, what a find! They are the perfect addition to your wall! I have a large frame that I found at a thrift that I am going to give a coat of white. Hopefully will get it done tomorrow.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wall of frames Cecilia and the new ones look really nice mixed in ... I am thinking of doing something like that in my bath, but maybe just vintage mirrors.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great find, Cecilia--wonderful additions to your gallery wall. Love the treatment you gave them. You're inspiring me to get busy on some of my own projects...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way they turned out and an awesome score for that money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your frames in white. I have some with prints in them, and am debating on painting or keeping brass...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your beautiful mirrors! ((HUGS)) Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the makeover you gave these frames. Thanks so much for sharing at VIP. Would love to have you come back tonight and share at our special event...Salvage Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great find! You have a nice collection of frames and mirrors. Thanks so much for sharing at Make it Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining the party at Revisionary Life this week, Cecilia!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your little gallery wall! Thanks for sharing @ TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cecilia, I selected your project to be featured at Make It Monday this week! If you would like a "Featured" button, visit my blog and grab it from the left sidebar. It's right under the pictures of my two dogs.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!