Autumn Harvest: Vintage Inspired Tablescapes

Welcome Friends, I'm so glad you stopped by today! With my affection for Vintage linens and dishes, you know how I love to set a pretty table for seasonal changes. Today I am sharing my latest Fall tablescapes...

Vintage Autumn tablescapes
For the kitchen table, I started with a Vintage Autumn tablecloth I found on Etsy last year.  The charming burlap flatware pockets are also Etsy finds. Like the mantel, I used natural elements: green apples, acorns, garden daisies and a mini pumpkin.  Everything else is from my thrifted collection.  The pale green glasses and oval platter in the center are Vintage Anchor Hocking yard sales treasures.

Vintage Autumn tablescapes

The scale, apothecary jar, birdie, salt and peppers and all of the dishes are Vintage finds from thrift stores. I layered my favorite Jadeite plates with larger Fire-King whites and added the smaller wheat design, which were .25 each! These are one of three different wheat varieties I have collected --the others will be featured in the dining room.

Vintage autumn tablescape

Speaking of the dining room...

Vintage autumn tablescape

I'm using the other two Vintage wheat patterns on this table. On the left, is Golden Wheat. It's actually trimmed in 22 carat gold-- these also were .25. The sugar and creamer and alternating plates are Cunningham & Pickett Wheat Spray and I thrifted the set for $1! The white ceramic pumpkin, matching salt and peppers, green goblets and burlap runner were Target clearance.

Vintage autumn tablescape

You can see I prefer a neutral color palette, adding color with nature's accents: pumpkins, wheat, acorns and herbs. My handy dandy scrabble tiles create a message of gratitude. The center platter and plates I used as chargers are Vintage Noritake Bancroft.  I love gathering things that I already have in my home to change my decor! Now that my house is ready for Fall--the garden will be next ...

Vintage fall tablescape

How do you usher in Fall? 

My Thrift Store Addiction

MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:


                                                    JUNKINLOGO2211111



Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. All are beautiful! I remember my mom getting the wheat plates out of the Duz detergent boxes! I have a complete set that I bought at a yard sale for $8!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecilia ... loving the pale green glass with the Fall decoration. I have been considering that too. Everything looks so pretty. Love your white pumpkin and shakers. Keep the inspirations coming and just maybe I will bring my Fall stuff out of the attic.
    Thanks.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Cecilia! It looks so inviting! Love your neutral and nature-inspired decor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fall tablescape - I do remember the wheat dishes also. Thank you so much for sharing at Share It One More Time.. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I love your wheat dishes Cecilia. And drooling over the large jadite plates. Have not been fortunate enough to find any large ones yet. The natural accents are so pretty. I have pumpkins in the garden. Lots of baby boos. Can't wait to pick them! Thought I would wait until Oct.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is so pretty! I have a couple of those wheat plates too :-) I've decorated my buffet in the dining room with stuff I already have including an apothecary jar I scooped up for 2 bucks . I'll share it in a couple of weeks. Now I need to work on the mantel... I'm definitely inspired by your fall decor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cecilia, Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I always love meeting new friends! I love your fall table. Don't you just love setting a beautiful place to eat and fellowship?!?! So nice! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your tablescapes. SO very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Cecelia I love this. I love the napkin holders did you make them? Your tablescape is definitely Fabulous! Thanks for linking it. I didn't see this post before thanks for sharing it! Blessings, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely charming! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely tablescapes, Cecilia. My parents had some of the Golden Wheat plates when I was a child...nostalgia! Thanks for sharing them at Revisionary Life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely.... I used Scrabble letters to write "<3 Family" (I took a blank and made a red heart for the centerpiece at my home :-)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!